"The technician Kitchen" is a professional who is responsible for managing the raw material for the food-related activities, and prepare menus, while upholding the standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
After the training, the laureate will be able to execute the following activities:
- prepare the dishes set by the chef in accordance with the quantitative and qualitative standards
- organize and supervise the cleaning utensils and storage of goods at the end of the service
- noted, end day, stocks of goods and place orders to the chef based on food of his party for the following days.
Age Restriction: 30 years old
School level required: 2nd year Baccalaureate or more
Or qualification level degree in restaurant kitchen
Qualities and skills the candidate must have:
- Adaptability and availability
- Sense of organization
- Good sensory capacity
- Anaytical and synthetical mind
- relational listening skills, negotiation and team management
- Initiative and autonomy
- Sense of responsibility
- artistic sensibility
- Excellent physical and mental stamina
- Good general presentation.
Training Selection Methods:
- Guidance form to fill out
- Admission Tests
- Mandatory Oral Interviews
- Medical examination
The training program duration is 1700 hours and spread over 2 years, including a technical internship of 2 months and a half at the end of the course.
- Communication (writen and spoken)
- Technical english
- Culture of entrepreneurship
- Profession of cooking
- Health and security in the workplace
- Working environment
- Tools and equipment
- Organoleptic food quality
- Techniques and basic preparations in cooking
- Meat, poultry and game
- Fish, molluscs and shellfish
- Basic pastes and dessert
- Appetizer, starters, salads etc.
- Implementations and cooking production
- Moroccan cooking
- Kitchen management
- Professional relations
- Job search techniques
The training is modular, and assessments are carried out as follows:
- Continuous Controls;
- Culminating examinations;
- Passing examinations ;
- End of training examination.
The laureate can be required both in restaurants hotels, holiday villages, leisure homes, in spas and in the kitchens of great restaurants.